Friday, October 17, 2008

Dubyamation

Oliver Stone's George W. Bush biopic opens today. In honor of that, the film held a mashup contest in conjunction with YouTube, using clips supplied on the site (http://www.youtube.com/user/wthefilm). The prize package includes a Mac Pro, a video camera and a copy of FinalCut Express. I wanted to do something with animation, but unfortunately between doing my taxes and some freelance work, I was left with a little more than two days to put something together. Anyways, here's my entry, wish I could have done more, but I think it came out okay all things considered.

2 comments:

Les Toil said...

AJ, this was great! And great punch line about not allowing Stone to make him look like a cartoon character. LOL. And I love how you pull cartoon Bush's bottom lip every time he pronounces his F's. Classic Preston Blair /Warner Bros phonetics there.

Hope you win!

BTW, who did the voice?

Anson Jew said...

Thanks! Glad you liked it. And you've got a great eye--I pulled the mouth movements directly from the Preston Blair book. I did the voice myself and used a program called Audacity to uppitch my voice for comedic effect (and also to mask the fact that I'm not all that great a Bush impersonator.)